[CentOS] New laptop recomendation

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Sat Dec 24 10:24:29 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 22 November 2016 15:23:08 Tony Molloy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm recently retired from my university job. I am looking for a
>  laptop to run CentOS 6/7. My university was a traditional Dell
>  site so I've used Latitude laptops for years, currently
>  E6500/E6510.
>
> Anybody got any experience of running CentOS on the newer Dell
> Latitudes E5000 or E7000. These are not certified according to
>  Redhats' Hardware Guide.
>
> Alternatively Precision Workstations would do. These can be
>  supplied with Ubuntu installed so they run Linux.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

Thanks to all who replied to my request above. I'm sorry for the delay
in replying but I've been in hospital for the past month, just out on
christmas leave.

I finally ordered a Precision 7510 Workstation, as recommended by a
couple of people. It arrived with Ubuntu installed ( god I don't like
Unity ) Over my christmas break I'll have a go at installing CentOS 7
and let ye know how I get on.

Again thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, and have a Happy
Christmas and a Merry New Year.

Tony.
--
Linux nogs.tonyshome.ie 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 18
19:25:05 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux