[CentOS] Noise Cancellation of Server Noise

geo.inbox.ignored geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 01:24:41 UTC 2016

On 12/24/2016 03:43 PM, H wrote:
> Has anyone come across a device that could cancel out the noise
> from servers, ie. the fan noise? I have  a server rack near my
> office and would like to see if i can decrease the noise level.
> It would seem to me that the steady drone of the fans could be
> cancelled out to a large extent.

}}

temperature regulated fan speed can reduce noise.

use of a baffle box with styrofoam or thin foam rubber lining.

       -----+-----+
fan  \/     |     |
     /\  |     |
       --+-----+---
         ^     ^
         baffles

spacing between upper and lower baffles must be equal to or larger
than diameter of fan so as to not restrict flow. also, making
enclosure 2" larger than fan will help reduce restriction.

see:

  http://www.rotron.com/techcorner/acoustic.aspx
  http://ipnpr.jpl.nasa.gov/progress_report2/42-56/56O.PDF

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=