[CentOS] CentOS 7.2.1511 upgrade to 7.3, many failed dependencies

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Dec 27 14:47:39 UTC 2016

Hi, folks,

   I know there was some talk on the list about this, but a) I'm at work,
and that thread is pop-3 on my system at home, and b) what attention I
paid didn't suggest *this*:
Transaction Summary
Install                          3 Packages (+10 Dependent packages)
Upgrade                        537 Packages
Skipped (dependency problems)  278 Packages

Total download size: 700 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: n

One-third of the entire upgrade failed for dependencies or conflicts? I've
just checked, and CR is not enabled, either.

Was there a resolution for this?

      mark