[CentOS] New laptop recomendation

Fri Dec 2 14:20:20 UTC 2016
Milos Blazevic <milos.blazevic at sbb.rs>

Hi Tony,

I've installed CentOS7 on a Latitude 7470 and can say for a fact
that most of the suff just works, while some of it that doesn't (like HDMI,
or KMS, nifty little feature I like to have) works with an Elrepo LT or ML kernels.
Personally, I'd recommend the LT kernel. I also read in the RHEL 7.3 release notes that
I2C support for Gen6 mobile CPUs was introduced. Thus as the time passes, say 6 months from
now, one should be able to drop the LT/ML kernel in favor of the stock RHEL/CentOS kernel.

On a side note, the Latitude design/sturdiness impressions were much better than that
of a Lenovo X1 Carbon gen4.

Regards,
Milos.