[CentOS] Server turns off unexpectedly

Mon Dec 12 12:15:10 UTC 2016
David Both <dboth at millennium-technology.com>

The lm_sensors package is required for the sensors module of glances to
work. After installing lm_sensors, run sensors-detect. The sensors
command will show the sensors detected and their current values. glances
should then display the sensor readings.

On 12/12/2016 06:37 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Monday 12 December 2016 11:01:52 Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> (first thing I'm going to do it buy a new keyboard, or employ a proof reader.
> Sorry for all the errors folks)
>
>> First thing I would do is check the temperature. In my experience,
>> excessive heat is the main reason for unexpected shutdown operations.
> I have had this in the past where either the CPU or PSU fan had died.  I'll
> check both of these next time I'm on site, but I believe the PSU is fairly
> new anyway.
>
>> I'm using the nifty Glances utility (available in EPEL) to do basic
>> monitoring. If your server overheats, you'll gradually see your
>> temperature indicator turn from green to purple and then to red. I know
>> there are other utilities, but this is good for checking this sort of
>> stuff in real-time.
> I installed Glance and had a look, but the sensors didn't show, even when I
> pressed 'S' as per the help page.
>
> Also, as this is a headless server, can anyone suggest a non-GUI monitor app?
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Niki

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
Raleigh, NC, USA
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the
retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as
printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you
believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it
immediately.