[CentOS] spec file frustration (rant)

Tue Dec 13 23:09:42 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/13/2016 2:35 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> That's why I'm running Slackware on most of my systems.

that doesn't solve the issue of various FOSS projects using all kinda
whacky build toolkits and requirements.

one tool I wanted to build a few weeks ago depended on common lisp.

another package I wanted to play with required this whole complex python
infrastructure which I'd never seen or heard of before (Im not a python
dev although I can follow bits of code, and even make minor changes),
and the build commands in that infrastructure were pulling in source
packages from various servers all over the world, which kinda scared me
from a security standpoint.