[CentOS] spec file frustration (rant)

Tue Dec 13 23:25:42 UTC 2016
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 12/13/2016 03:21 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> Another thing is: when building of the project (libraries, binaries, etc)
> requires sophisticated infrastructure that is not necessary after you
> built it.

Yes, that's why I mentioned nodejs. A rather cool JavaScript project
didn't do quite what I wanted, but to modify it I had to install some
nodejs environment that was used to "build" the JavaScript and had to be
re-run for any tweak to the components and always built a rather large
JavaScript file even minified.

I ended up just scrapping it any writing my own even though its not as
flexible, and I'm still trying to figure out how requiring a node setup
is a good idea to require for generating a static file.

But that's the trend.