[CentOS] OT: Blank mails from this list

Thu Dec 15 15:45:07 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 12/15/2016 02:03 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> Recently, like the last week or so, I've started getting blank emails from
> this list.
> Blank as in no message text is visible in the email.
> Has anybody else seen this, or is just me?
I have seen blank body (but still with the list's .sig) emails for a
while on my android phone.  The email shows up fine in Thunderbird on
CentOS (well, I say 'fine' when in reality it was unbearably tiny text
until I installed the 'no small text' extension; the CentOS 7
Thunderbird does not have some of the knobs you are supposed to adjust
to fix this (it's the font size for the message encoding, and the
encoding needed is not in the dropdowns in the C7 Thunderbird, and I'm
assuming that's an upstream issue, but I've not taken the time to file a
bug report yet) so an extension is required.  The thread preview pane
still has unbearably tiny text, but at least when opening the message
the text is large enough to read; the Thunderbird tiny text problem is a
well-known one).

Several messages from Karanbir and Johnny were some that the android
phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) shows an empty (except for the .sig) body.
Again, not something I've taken the time to file a bug report on, since
I mainly read the CentOS lists on my laptop after Thunderbird's filters
pull them in my CentOS lists folders (which pulls them to local folders
and off of the imap server).