[CentOS] OT: Blank mails from this list

Fri Dec 16 13:47:16 UTC 2016
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 12/16/2016 05:29 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
*snip*

> I'm a boy ;-) (yes, some names are weird)
>
> Valeri

Me too - I choose Alice Wonder online because of an affinity to Lewis
Carroll - and Alice entering a world where the rules of the world she
came from just didn't apply.

I thought Alice Wonder would give away that it is a handle and not a
real name and therefore not a gender indicator, but for some people -
despite Alice Cooper - it is a gender identifier.

It's okay, I don't mind, English doesn't really have a gender neutral
pronoun and so some authors have started using she instead of he when
neutral is intended just to make a point.

My actual name is Michael, which while typically male. I have for the
record seen used with both genders despite the name Michelle existing.
So I guess by choosing Alice I am kind of bringing it on myself.