[CentOS] deleted .dbus/sessions-bus/[fn]

Sat Dec 17 17:45:27 UTC 2016

> On Dec 17, 2016, at 10:08 AM, geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> maybe not on a mac system, but file has been present on 686 and x86_64
> intel systems that i have installed. at least, iirc, for versions 5.x
> thru 6.8.

Who said it was on a Mac?  Oh… because I have a mac laptop and I’m replying to you with it?  Yes, I am so dumb I can’t tell the difference between my mac and my linux systems.

I just looked at both a el5 and a el6 x86_64 system, neither have a /.dbus directory.

> when you say 'first run a session', are you meaning when system is
> first installed?
>
> or when a session that uses dbus-daemon is run?

I’m saying that perhaps these files were created when you ran some dbus-aware client as root, and it started a user dbus-daemon.