[CentOS] firefox-45.6.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64 crashing... unusable

Mon Dec 19 18:03:23 UTC 2016
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 12/19/2016 11:13 AM, wwp wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:04:28 -0500 Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
>
>> On 12/19/2016 08:44 AM, ken wrote:
>>> Last night installed the latest, firefox-45.6.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64.  > Fired it up this morning and within the first hour it's crashed three > times.  That comes to it being usable for about five minutes before it > crashes.
>>>
>>> Anyone else getting this?
>>>
>> For what it's worth, in my normal browsing since the update I have not experienced any crashing.
> Neither do I, 3 different 64-bit systems.
>

> Regards,

I should have mentioned, I open up one window, but multiple tabs...
looks like about twenty.  That in itself might be the problem.  Or it
might be one particular webpage which is causing the crash, or a
combination of two or more.  This system is set up with lots of swap and
none of it is being used.  Not even half of the 8G RAM is being used.

The fact remains, however, that Firefox yesterday (the previous version)
wasn't crashing running the same window with the same webpages running
in the same tabs.  So some bad code must have appeared in this new version.