[CentOS] Noise Cancellation of Server Noise

Sat Dec 24 21:50:58 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/24/2016 1:43 PM, H wrote:
> Has anyone come across a device that could cancel out the noise from servers, ie. the fan noise? I have  a server rack near my office and would like to see if i can decrease the noise level. It would seem to me that the steady drone of the fans could be cancelled out to a large extent.

thats really hard to do because the noise source is diffused, and
reaches your ears via multiple paths, plus your ears aren't at a fixed
location.

Its easier to move the servers to somewhere you won't hear them, like a
server closet that you can soundproof and add forced ventilation to.
or wear earplugs.