[CentOS] Noise Cancellation of Server Noise

Sat Dec 24 21:57:06 UTC 2016
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 24/12/16 04:43 PM, H wrote:
> Has anyone come across a device that could cancel out the noise from servers, ie. the fan noise? I have  a server rack near my office and would like to see if i can decrease the noise level. It would seem to me that the steady drone of the fans could be cancelled out to a large extent.

There are rack chassis designed to reduce noise. An example are the APC
NetShelter CS line.

http://www.apc.com/shop/ca/en/categories/racks-and-accessories/racks-and-enclosures/netshelter-cx/_/N-1ks6cn2

I don't know of any other way to make servers quieter, though.

--
Digimer
access to education?