[CentOS] Noise Cancellation of Server Noise

Sat Dec 24 22:19:50 UTC 2016
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 24/12/16 05:18 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/24/2016 1:57 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> There are rack chassis designed to reduce noise. An example are the APC
>> NetShelter CS line.
>>
>> http://www.apc.com/shop/ca/en/categories/racks-and-accessories/racks-and-enclosures/netshelter-cx/_/N-1ks6cn2
>>

> wow, $9100 for the 38U rack.    thats pricey... and that's before PDUs,
> UPS, and all that other important rack mount stuff.

To be fair, OP didn't specify a budget. Also, I typo'ed 'CS' should have
been 'CX'.

You can probably DIY a quieter rack for a lot less. There might also be
other companies with similar products for a lot less. I don't know, I
just remembered seeing the CX in the past.

--
Digimer
access to education?