[CentOS] chronyd configuration as a local ntp server

Tue Dec 27 04:04:22 UTC 2016

This is for centos 7 that has chronyd 2.1.1

I am looking into how to use chronyd as my local ntp server.

On my old servers with ntpd I had local access control lines like:

restrict 192.168.128.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify notrap

But in looking for documentation on chronyd I did not find anything on
this at:

https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/2.1/manual.html

In the actual /etc/chronyd.conf there is the sample line:

# Allow NTP client access from local network.
#allow 192.168/16

Does this allow only allow queries?  Does chronyd support the 'restrict'
option?

thank you