[CentOS] Substitute pdftk with other command

Mon Feb 22 22:25:06 UTC 2016
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

Il giorno gio, 18/02/2016 alle 21.04 +0000, Harold Toms ha scritto:
> I would recommend that you do *not* do this. Installing C6 packages
> on C7 is a really bad idea. Instead perhaps try using cpdf:
>
> http://community.coherentpdf.com/
Ok, cpdf is very interesting, thank you, I did not know it.
I have build it on my Centos 7 + EPEL with this simple procedure:
# http://community.coherentpdf.com/
    $ sudo yum install ocaml-ocamldoc ocaml-findlib -y

    # $ mkdir ~/cpdf
    # $ cd ~/cpdf
    $ wget     https://github.com/johnwhitington/camlpdf/archive/master.zip
    -O camlpdf-master.zip
    $ wget https://github.com/johnwhitington/cpdf-source/archive/master.
    zip -O cpdf-source-master.zip
    $ sh -xc 'unzip camlpdf-master.zip; cd camlpdf-master && make &&
    sudo make install'
    $ sh -xc 'unzip cpdf-source-master.zip; cd cpdf-source-master &&
    make && sudo make install'
    $ sudo cp -a cpdf-source-master/cpdf  /usr/local/bin/cpdf
    $ cpdf -version
Now I can substitute pdftk with cpdf ...
Many thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 23 Workstation)