[CentOS] In A UEFI World, "rm -rf /" Can Brick Your System

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 10:18:09 UTC 2016

In article <75D47FDC6A99F24F87A6465BAF326D5018C50F69 at COLUMBA02.user.uu.se>,
Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se> wrote:
> [...]

I think the point is that hitherto, if you kill a system with "rm -rf /",
you can still do a re-installation from scratch. If I understand correctly
what people are saying, killing the UEFI stuff stops you ever being able
to do a re-install on that box. Is that correct? Is there no way to do a
factory reset of the BIOS?

Cheers
Tony
--