[CentOS] Latest version of kate editor

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Tue Feb 2 17:29:50 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:02:40 +0100
H wrote:

> What do people use as a programming editor on CentOS 6?

I personally use Geany and/or vim, depending on what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.

You can find pre-compiled rpms for the latest version of geany for Centos 6 and 7 on my website if you want them.  (The Centos 6 i386 rpm is two versions behind but the x86_64 version is up to date.  I don't have easy access to an i386 Centos 6 machine any more to build an i386 rpm, but you can easily do it yourself by compiling the src rpm that's there if you need it.)