[CentOS] CentOS 7, NSF, "feature"

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Feb 2 20:23:13 UTC 2016

Ricardo J. Barberis wrote:
> El Martes 02/02/2016, m.roth at 5-cent.us escribió:
>> In the last month, we've discovered a new, ahhhh, "feature" in the
>> version of the version of NFS with CentOS 7: on startup, if it
>> cannot resolve a given host, it dies. It does not continue on up,
>> with all the other hosts it's exporting to, and just log a message.
>>
>> Is there a workaround, or a configuration, to change this "fail on
>> unresolved host" behaviour?
>
> Maybe NFS should wait for the network to be up?
<snip>
Good thought, but no - this was an issue where the servers names were
changed, or moved - I disremember which. And it came up originally,
because we have one server that's accessed all over campus, at other
Institutes, and some people leave, and their machines go away, repurposed
or surplused, but they're still listed on our exports file.

          mark