[CentOS] "upstream testing"??

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Feb 8 08:53:39 UTC 2016

On 2/7/2016 1:00 PM, Bear Tooth wrote:
> 	So I put in an install disk for CentOS, and rebooted.
>
>          It never came near finishing the reboot. Up popped the
> 	following:

what version of centos was this?   you previously mentioned 6.4, thats
like 3-4 updates behind the current 6.7

model 94, thats a Core Ix-6xxx which is the brand new Skylake
processor,    lotta hardware changes on those, you likely will need the
/newest/ version of the kernel for any given release for it to work,
specifically 7.2 (1511) is the first version to support Skylake, and
there may still be issues with the on-chip graphics as they are quite new.