[CentOS] Utility to zero unused blocks on disk

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 9 05:08:24 UTC 2016

On 02/08/16 15:34, Wes James wrote:
> Is there a utility to zero unused blocks on a disk?
>
> CentOS 6.7/Ext4
>
> I saw zerofree, but I’m not sure it would work on Ext4 or even work on
> this version of CentOS.
>
> thanks,

.
a comment on replies to your post.

i find it interesting that "Subject:" is and you ask for info to

  *zero unused blocks on disk*

and all the replies for wiping the _entire_ disk.

why is so hard to understand that _blocks_ does not mean _disk_. ((GBWG))

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.