[CentOS] heads up: /boot space on kernel upgrade

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Feb 11 19:24:52 UTC 2016

Chris Murphy wrote:
> Default boot volume on Fedora is 500M, with a kernel installonly_limit
> of 3. So far this seems sufficient, even accounting for the "rescue
> kernel" (which is really a nohostonly initramfs, which is quite a bit
> larger than the standard hostonly initramfs used for numbered
> kernels).

IIRC, we saw discussions elsewhere, and ... I think it's called fedup
(great name, great marketing!) that updated a full release, and it
*really* needed > 500M, as it was dumping a *lot* in /boot. And, as they
say, disk space is cheap, esp. when we buy multiterabyte disks, even for
the root drive. (Ok, most of them are 1TB).

       mark