[CentOS] heads up: /boot space on kernel upgrade

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Sat Feb 13 20:24:53 UTC 2016

+1 Valeri. I agree that things have changed a lot!

However, Devin, the answer to your question is that the /boot partition
is a necessity in a LVM environment, which everything else is by
default. The /boot partition cannot be a logical volume; it must be a
raw disk partition with an EXT[34] file system.