[CentOS] CentOS 6.7 Drivers for Compaq Storageworks TL891 Minilibrary

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Feb 18 01:03:59 UTC 2016

On 2/17/2016 4:56 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Mustafa Mohammed<netechie at yahoo.com>  said:
>> >I am trying to setup a backup system using Bacula on CentOS 6.7 installed on eserver x345 but cannot find the drivers
> I set one of those up many years ago, probably RHEL 3 timeframe.  No
> drivers are necessary for the library, although you will have to find a
> differential SCSI card that is still supported to connect it (don't know
> about that; I haven't touched parallel SCSI in ages, and the TL891 was
> probably the last high-voltage differential device I used).

ooof, if that thing is HVD, then plugging it into a regular SCSI card
will likely blow up the card, and could fry the SCSI interface on the
library too.

however, this manual,
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00626568.pdf   suggests there's
two versions, HVD and regular fast-wide SE scsi.   quite a bit of
cabling is required.