[CentOS] Re: Substitute pdftk with other command

Yamaban foerster at lisas.de
Thu Feb 18 16:34:11 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:07, Dario Lesca wrote:

> Hi, I must migrate a Centos5 server on Centos7
>
> On server Centos5 there is a shell procedure witch add to PDF a
> timestamp like this example:
>
> http://i.stack.imgur.com/OBsqX.png
>
> with this command:
> $ pdftk input.pdf stamp overlay.pdf output stamped.pdf
>
> Into Centos7 pdftk it is no longer allowed
>
> Someone knows some other command to replace it or other ways to do
> this?
>
> Or how I can install pdftk on Centos7.
>
> Many thanks for your help.

Original code is located here:
  https://www.pdflabs.com/docs/install-pdftk-on-redhat-or-centos/

including recipe to compile from source.

ATM there is no "ready to install" package directly for Centos 7,
but try the Centos /RHEL 6 package from there before
doing the full build circus (requires installed libgcj).

  - Yamaban.