[CentOS] CentOS install disable USB keyboard on Acer AXC 603G UW13

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 23 16:21:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, February 23, 2016 10:13 am, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Juan De Mola wrote:
>>>From: John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

>>>Not being funny, but where did you get that idea from?
>>
>> I have upgraded a client's main server, everything worked well until the
>> Internet got an outage. Printers stoped working without explanation. I
>> have not tested 7, but 6 is off table because of that incident.
>
> That's very odd. We have well over 170 servers and workstations, the vast
> majority on CentOS 6, as is my own workstation at home, and both here at
> work, and at home, we/I have occasionally had connection to the outside
> world issue (admittedly, not for very long), and no printer problems at
> all.

Mark, it may depend on how he set up printing. If it is CUPS and it can
not connect to LPD or IPP downstream, then that particular queue will be
stopped. So, one may need to restart queues after networks outage. The
most robust way I know is to have CUPS connect jetdirect (9100). No matter
whether there is outage or not, the queue is not stopped... So, it well
could be for him to go carefully through configuration in the first place,
and figure out what in particular happens due to network outage. Requires
some actual sysadmin work ;-)

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator