[CentOS] Laptop SCSI capability supported by CentOS 7

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Feb 23 19:00:54 UTC 2016

On 2/23/2016 10:19 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I'm looking for a well-supported ExpressCard or PCMCIA/CardBus SCSI
> card that can do at least FastSCSI (Narrow, Wide not necessary) that
> is supported by CentOS 7.  I have an Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460D, but it
> doesn't seem to be supported (it's previously supported by the aha152x
> driver).
>
> Any ideas are welcomed, other than 'just use a desktop.'  I am not
> sure a USB or Firewire to SCSI bridge will work for what I need, which
> is connection to an audio-capable DDS2 drive (SGI Firmware
> Seagate/Conner/ArDAT Peregrine 4326 that is from an SGI system). Yeah,
> I know I can use DATman on IRIX (I have a pair of O2's and a purple
> Indigo2 w/ SolidIMPACT), but going forward I'd like to use my laptop.

if it wasn't a laptop, I'd suggest looking for a NCR/Symbios/LSI based
SCSI card with a 53c8xx chip, but I've only ever seen these on ISA and
PCI, never on expresscard or pcmcia

parallel SCSI was long dead when pci-express came out, and expresscard
is based on PCI-E, so the odds of finding anything there are really slim
... and cardbus/pcmcia has been dead for several years.