[CentOS] CentOS 7 SELinux issue

Alice Wonder

alice at domblogger.net
Thu Feb 25 07:28:33 UTC 2016

Trying to add SELinux support to my bitcoin package.

Keep getting this on install:

SELinux:  Could not downgrade policy file
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.29, searching for an older version.
SELinux:  Could not open policy file <=
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.29:  No such file or directory
/sbin/load_policy:  Can't load policy:  No such file or directory
libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2.

I Tried

yum reinstall selinux-policy selinux-policy-targeted
restorecon -R -v /etc/selinux

as suggested on some mailing lists. Didn't work, same issue.

How can I troubleshoot what is causing this?

The policy.29 file exists. The RPM responsible for it verifies (and was
reinstalled)

I don't ordinarily run SELinux and do not have it enabled.

Things like that are why, it always ALWAYS got in the way of
productivity and when I did run it and I was never hacked without it,
so... but I need to figure out what the problem is here.