[CentOS] Latest version of kate editor

H agents at meddatainc.com
Sun Feb 28 15:30:44 UTC 2016

On 02/02/2016 06:29 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 18:02:40 +0100
> H wrote:
>
>> What do people use as a programming editor on CentOS 6?
> I personally use Geany and/or vim, depending on what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.
>
> You can find pre-compiled rpms for the latest version of geany for Centos 6 and 7 on my website if you want them.  (The Centos 6 i386 rpm is two versions behind but the x86_64 version is up to date.  I don't have easy access to an i386 Centos 6 machine any more to build an i386 rpm, but you can easily do it yourself by compiling the src rpm that's there if you need it.)

I initially downloaded geany 1.24 from the EPEL repository but now
wanted to install the plugin package which is not in EPEL. I visited
your webpage , downloaded the Centos 6 x86_64 version of both geany 1.26
and the and lib-geany, which I assume is the plugin-package, but neither
could be installed. The first fails with:

geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires libgeany.so.0()(64bit)
geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany-libgeany = 1.26-1.el6

and the second with:

geany-libgeany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany = 1.26-1.el6

which seems catch-22. Would you happen to have both of them installable?

As an aside, it would be great if both of these packages were in EPEL so
a simple yum update could work.

Thank you.