[CentOS] CentOS 7, NSF, "feature" [SOLVED]

Wed Feb 3 15:57:20 UTC 2016

The issue: NFS fails to start in CentOS 7 if it cannot resolve any of a
list of hosts.

Well, my manager had to google to find the *truly* obscure solution that
uses a deeply oddball syntax.

In /usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service, you edit the following line
so that it looks like this:
 ExecStartPre=-/usr/sbin/exportfs -r

Notice the *deeply* weird syntax of "=-<cmd>". This apparently tells it
that "a nonzero exit code" should be ignored and considered "success".

And, I read in the manpage for systemd.service that if you precede it with
an @, it will pass arguments. Why it does not use the used-everywhere-else
of *post*fixing those parms, I have no data.

And, speaking specifically about nfs-server.service, I also don't
understand why you'd set as an out-of-the-box default that it should fail
to come up if it can't resolve any export host, rather than default to
coming up.

       mark, discovering new reasons to dislike systemd