[CentOS] NICs order

Mon Feb 1 17:36:58 UTC 2016
Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com>

> Just to clarify: net.ifnames=0 disables the systemd/udev interface renaming feature.

Well, I tried that and it didn't change the behavior, using 1 as a value did.  Don't know if there's been tampering between freedesktop and Ubuntu 14.04LTS but that was my experience.

> Also, if you add rules to /etc/udev/rules.d, you should rebuild your initrd.

Thanks for the information.  I didn't and it has been working for a while (through reboots), what bad thing(s) may happen if I don't?