[CentOS] Latest version of kate editor

Tue Feb 2 14:50:51 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 02/02/2016 09:28 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> CentOS is not a bleeding-edge distribution that constantly keeps
> packages up to date with the upstream projects.  If you want that, try
> another distribution like Fedora.
<rant>
GNOME can get a rebase to a newer version, but KDE can't..... this from
a former KDE user who would love to go back to KDE but refuses to deal
with the issues older versions have.

This is, of course, an upstream issue and not a CentOS one, and I know
that.... so I now use GNOME, even though it would be nice to see parity
in the allowing of a rebase of KDE like the one for GNOME.
</rant>

> There is a 3rd-party repository that might have an upgraded KDE:
> http://www.trinitydesktop.org/about.php

Trinity Desktop (TDE), is a fork of KDE 3.x, and not updated from that.
So in ways it is older, yet newer.