[CentOS] Latest version of kate editor

Tue Feb 2 18:20:23 UTC 2016
Chris Beattie <cbeattie at geninfo.com>

On 2/2/2016 12:02 PM, H wrote:
> What do people use as a programming editor on CentOS 6? My first
> impression of kate was favorable, not only did it support the usual
> programming and scripting languages but also markdown which I have

I used gedit and Windows' Notepad for a long time until I stumbled across SciTE.

I now use SciTE on CentOS 5, CentOS 7, and Windows because it's programmable and cross-platform.  I have never actually used it on CentOS 6, though.  It doesn't appear to support Markdown out of the box, either, but I think it's possible to add your own language files.

The last couple versions won't compile on CentOS 5, but I wasn't affected by any of the bugs they fixed and I'm migrating to 7 anyway.

--
-Chris