[CentOS] CentOS 7, NSF, "feature"

Tue Feb 2 20:19:00 UTC 2016
Ricardo J. Barberis <ricardo at palmtx.com.ar>

El Martes 02/02/2016, m.roth at 5-cent.us escribió:
> In the last month, we've discovered a new, ahhhh, "feature" in the version
> of the version of NFS with CentOS 7: on startup, if it cannot resolve a
> given host, it dies. It does not continue on up, with all the other hosts
> it's exporting to, and just log a message.
>
> Is there a workaround, or a configuration, to change this "fail on
> unresolved host" behaviour?
>
>      mark

Maybe NFS should wait for the network to be up?

I had a similar problem with an nginx binded to a specific IP, it didn't start
because the interface wasn't yet up, so I had to make a new unit and put this
inside (/etc/systemd/system/nginx.service):

<code>
.include /usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service

[Unit]
After=network.target remote-fs.target nss-lookup.target network-online.target
</code>

The After line is the important one, I copied it from
/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service and added "network-online.target"
at the end.

After making your changes, be sure to reenable the service so it takes your
new unit, e.g.:

# systemctl reenable nginx.service

It worked for me, maybe it works for you?

Cheers,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Usuario Linux Nº 250625: http://counter.li.org/