[CentOS] Issue with installation on wireless-only desktop workstation, CentOS 7(1511)

Fri Feb 5 17:34:29 UTC 2016
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> I have a personal workstation at home, a Dell Optiplex 745 with a
> Core2Quad Q6600, that is on the other end of the house from the router.
> While I could run cat5 to the location, it would involve quite a bit of
> labor, and I have a known-supported USB wifi nic based on the ralink rt3070
> (cheap, but works well), so why should I run the cable when wifi should
> work well?  Especially given that the Dell is not going to be there for
> very long it wouldn't make sense to run cable.

Just wanted to post a note although it is a bit off-topic here. I use
powerline adapters at home to make wired connection where running cable is
inconvenient. It works anywhere at least within the same electrical
circuit.  The connection speed may depend on the model.

Akemi