[CentOS] Utility to zero unused blocks on disk

Tue Feb 9 05:24:53 UTC 2016
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 02/08/16 23:10, Digimer wrote:
> On 09/02/16 12:08 AM, g wrote:
>>

>> On 02/08/16 15:34, Wes James wrote:
>>> Is there a utility to zero unused blocks on a disk?
>>>
>>> CentOS 6.7/Ext4
>>>
>>> I saw zerofree, but I’m not sure it would work on Ext4 or even work on
>>> this version of CentOS.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>> .
>> a comment on replies to your post.
>>
>> i find it interesting that "Subject:" is and you ask for info to
>>
>>   *zero unused blocks on disk*
>>
>> and all the replies for wiping the _entire_ disk.
>>
>> why is so hard to understand that _blocks_ does not mean _disk_. ((GBWG))
>
> Not all of them.

.
this is true.

also true is that i phrased with;

  and all the replies for

not,

  with all replies for

because, yes, i did read you reply with all the rest. ;-)

fell better? :-P

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.