[CentOS] "upstream testing"??

Wed Feb 10 03:48:42 UTC 2016
Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:35 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Everything else is prone to failure.

Specifically, but not limited to, unetbootin. Really, people need to
just purge unetbootin from memory and stop recommending it. I've never
had it work on any (U)EFI system. And more often than not it would
fail to create media even for BIOS systems. Also, it's not supported
at all on Fedora, I seriously doubt it's supported by CentOS or Red
Hat. Just use dd, and accept the obliteration of the USB stick. That's
easy and safe.

Future talk. There's a rewrite happening on the Fedora side for
LiveUSB Creator that will initially use dd on the backend. I'll guess
that it'll still accept being pointed to a local ISO. There's some
talk about it hopefully being more modular so it can be "branded" by
different distros and hence more widely used, maintained, and
reliable.

--
Chris Murphy