[CentOS] OpenSwan Drop Out Issue

Thu Feb 11 15:25:01 UTC 2016
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 02/10/2016 10:10 PM, John Cenile wrote:
> I do notice a lot of these errors in the secure log though, would this be
> any indication of a problem? (I'm grepping for this specific error, they're
> not the only messages in there).
>
> Feb 11 14:18:10 site-a pluto[10450]: "site-b/1x1" #803: ignoring Delete SA
> payload: PROTO_IPSEC_ESP SA(0x01f90e1d) not found (maybe expired)

I think they indicate that both sides are restarting the tunnel, and
that site-b is sending a "delete" command as it restarts the tunnel,
while site-a has already removed the tunnel.  But that doesn't tell us
anything about why they're doing that.  Control debugging from both
sides *should* make that clear, but you'll have to either make sense of
the complete logs or share them.