[CentOS] [Bulk] Re: safest way to mount iscsi loopback..

Mon Feb 15 10:40:45 UTC 2016
lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>

On 11/02/16 20:20, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/11/2016 5:14 AM, lejeczek wrote:
>> nobody does use iscsi loopback over an lvm?
>
> I'm not sure what 'iscsi loopback' even means.    iSCSI is
> used to mount a virtual block device hosted on another
> system (initiator mode) or to share a virtual block device
> (target mode), while loopback is used to mount a local
> file as a device, such as an .iso image of an optical disc.
>
> can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying
> to do ?

whatever devices you have in your backstores (LIO
implementation is the default one I believe) and then
naturally in your targets, etc.. - on the same local system
you can loop them back = LIO presents them again to the
kernel as local scsi devices.
I'm thinking, maybe multipath should be involved/deployed here?
I can mount such a loopback iscsi target but I cannot use
FS's uuid because - in my case first UUID comes from LVM's
lv and then the same UUID comes via iscsi loopback - which
makes sense for it's the same one filesystem.