[CentOS] USB Serial ports (ttyACMn) CentOS 6.7 (64-bit) vs. CentOS 6.7 (64-bit)

Mon Feb 15 14:32:49 UTC 2016
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

At Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:20:48 -0500 Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> > On 14/02/16 02:14, Robert Heller wrote:
> > > I sent this out about a week or so ago, but I have heard nothing. I am
> > > *thinking* it is a SELINUX problem, but I cannot figure out what.
> > >

> > If you suspect SELinux is to blame, have you tried putting SELinux into
> > permissive mode to see that resolves the issues?
> >
> > setenforce 0 (re-enable with setenforce 1)
>
> I guess I can try that.
>

> > If everything works with SELinux in permissive mode, then you'll need to
> > create a policy for it *[0]*.
>
> That would imply that somehow the policies on my laptop are *different* than
> the policies on my desktop.  *I* don't remember setting any such policies...

OK, I just tested it:

sauron.deepsoft.com% sudo /usr/sbin/setenforce permissive
sauron.deepsoft.com% sudo minicom
Device /dev/ttyACM0 access failed: No such file or directory.
sauron.deepsoft.com% sudo /usr/sbin/setenforce enforcing

Nope, that did not help.