[CentOS] dhcpd frequent renewals

Thu Feb 18 18:41:34 UTC 2016
david <david at daku.org>

Rob
DNS service for my clients is provided by my gateway server, the same
machine as the DHCPD server.  I think that's what the "option
domain-name-servers" line does.  This allows me to provide 192.168
addresses to them when they try to access anything inside the house
with a name.  If it's not a locally defined name, BIND forwards the
request to the internet.

I'm not sure I understand about dhcpd log and dns log.  I scan
/var/log/messages, using the service name as the key.  Looking at
'named' entries, all I see are messages of the form
"clients-per-query increased to XX".
I'm still mystified by the fact that only the i-devices (iphone,
ipad) exhibit this behavior of rapid dhcpd renewals.  Mac's and PC's don't.

David