[CentOS] Kernel panic and crash, was Re: [CentOS-announce] CEBA-2016:0150 CentOS 6 kernel BugFix Update

Sun Feb 21 04:56:51 UTC 2016
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

Greetings Max,

> I had previously reported this, and I was told that the reported bug was
> here:
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=9374
>
> Looking at it now, I see that it is closed.

Wrong. That reports refers to an earlier bug, which appears to be
identical:-

https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=9209

Looking at the end of the web page, you will see a splendid Centos hero
has found a solution you may wish to try.

" toracat (developer)
2016-02-21 04:23

The latest centosplus kernel (kernel-2.6.32-573.18.1.el6.centos.plus)
now has CONFIG_DRM_I915_UMS disabled. "

Good Luck.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.