[CentOS] Laptop SCSI capability supported by CentOS 7

Tue Feb 23 19:16:57 UTC 2016
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 02/23/2016 02:00 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> if it wasn't a laptop, I'd suggest looking for a NCR/Symbios/LSI based
> SCSI card with a 53c8xx chip, but I've only ever seen these on ISA and
> PCI, never on expresscard or pcmcia

Yeah, I have a few of those left over from an AlphaServer 2100 build......

> parallel SCSI was long dead when pci-express came out, and expresscard
> is based on PCI-E, so the odds of finding anything there are really
> slim ... and cardbus/pcmcia has been dead for several years.

Hmm, this does give me an idea.  There are 'bridge boxes' out there that
will take an ExpressCard slot and give you a couple of PCI or PCIe
slots; I do have an Adaptec U320 PCIe x1 controller here along with
several PCI SCSI cards of various types, and one of these bridge
boxes/bus extenders might serve the purpose.  Thanks, John, you gave me
an idea.....