[CentOS] IPtables block user from outbound ICMP

Wed Feb 24 18:25:31 UTC 2016
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 24.02.2016 um 16:07 schrieb Sylvain CANOINE:
> Hello,

Blocking the complete ICMP protocol is stupid and should not be recommended.

ICMP echo request and echo reply are just 2 types of a bigger set of
necessary ICMP types. It is safe to block those 2 while that does not
really serve a purpose. A system not replying on ICMP echo request does
not hide it from others.

Alexander