[CentOS] Re: Changing default file type in Centos 6

Sat Feb 27 18:56:42 UTC 2016
Yamaban <foerster at lisas.de>

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 19:38, H <agents at ...> wrote:

> It turns out my markdown files - extension .md - are of the "Genesis ROM" file
> type in Centos 6. Googling did not turn up any obvious places to change this
> in Gnome - neither in my local directory or in /etc/gnome.
>
> Where would I be able to change this default file type for files with the
> extension .md? I have already changed the default application to geany (with
> the markdown extension.)
>
> Thank you.

have a look at these:
/etc/mime.types (file)
/usr/share/mime/ (dirs)
/usr/share/mimelnk/ (dirs)
/usr/share/mime-info (dir)

grep for '\.md' and/or for 'Genesis ROM' in there.

Just adding your own line to /etc/mime.types may look nice, but is
possibly not what you want, more likely a new entry in a
file or directory under ~/.local/share/mime/

Have a nice weekend
  - Yamaban.