[CentOS] Latest version of kate editor

Sun Feb 28 18:26:39 UTC 2016
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 02/28/2016 06:53 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 16:30:44 +0100
> H wrote:
>
>> I initially downloaded geany 1.24 from the EPEL repository but now
>> wanted to install the plugin package which is not in EPEL. I visited
>> your webpage , downloaded the Centos 6 x86_64 version of both geany 1.26
>> and the and lib-geany, which I assume is the plugin-package, but neither
>> could be installed.
> You assume incorrectly.  The description field of geany-libgeany rpm states:
>
> QUOTE:
> This package contains the core functions of Geany which will be used by Geany plugins.
> END OF QUOTE
>
> I have never bothered to compile the actual geany plugins for Centos 6 due to a lack of demand and interest.  I did compile and make the geany plugins for Centos 7 available on my webpage a little while back, but that's apparently not what you're looking for.
>
>   The first fails with:
>> geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires libgeany.so.0()(64bit)
>> geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany-libgeany = 1.26-1.el6
>>
>> and the second with:
>>
>> geany-libgeany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany = 1.26-1.el6
>>
>> which seems catch-22. Would you happen to have both of them installable?
> Install both geany and geany-libgeany at the same time and it will work.
>
>> As an aside, it would be great if both of these packages were in EPEL so
>> a simple yum update could work.
> That I have no control over.  If they made it available then I probably wouldn't bother duplicating the effort.  As stated at the top of my webpage, it is just stuff that I use that can't (easily) be found elsewhere.

Thank you, installed both at the same time. Now, next question is: how
do I get the webkit preview to use for markdown files? There is no
mention of it in the plugin manager, nor could I find it in any
configuration menu.

Would I now need to download the geany-plugin package from that site and
compile the plugins from scratch?

Thank you.