[CentOS] Question about compiling older package

Sylvain CANOINE sylvain.canoine at tv5monde.org
Thu Jan 7 16:01:22 UTC 2016

> I have a gst-rtsp-server 0.10.8.2 that I am trying to compile on
> CentOS 7.2
Do you really need a 0.10.x version ? There are several 1.x versions here, which may compile :
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp-server/

CentOS 7.2 gstreamer version is 1.4.5 (package gstreamer1).

> I get this error:
> rtsp-media.c  error  'g_cond_free' is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/deprecated/gthread.h:283)
> [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
As mentionned, g_cond_free has been deprecated since version 2.32 and should not be used yet :
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Deprecated-Thread-APIs.html#g-cond-free

> What can I do about that to compile this package (I'm compiing from source)
> ?
Try this, maybe that will help you :
http://de.tabos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296

But it's a workaround. You'd better use a newer version of gst-rtsp-server.

Sylvain.
Pensez ENVIRONNEMENT : n'imprimer que si ncessaire