[CentOS] Centos 3.8 Server Questions, SeaMonkey Mozilla and Java

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Jan 9 18:04:33 UTC 2016

On Jan 8, 2016, at 10:03 PM, Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com> wrote:
> welcome to the real world of 2016, there are lots of bespoke systems providing real value and definitely not affordable  to replace in the cut throat world of a local ISP.

This is a sad truth, but it doesn’t mean that CentOS or EPEL should even *try* to support them.

If you’re going to run an unsupported, out of date, insecure system, you will have to run your own infrastructure to support it.

Also, if it were me, I’d be trying to get the bare minimum requirements running on a supported OS, perhaps in a VM or container.