[CentOS] Monitor Dummy Device

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Jan 20 14:07:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:49:31PM +0100, Joey wrote:
> i try xephyr/xnest, but i dont recognize how i can use a nested display like
> a second screen.

I guess I still don't understand why you need a second, virtual
screen.

Every projector I've ever used appears as a second screen on my linux
desktop, and I have the choice to either mirror my display or expand
my desktop across both.  If you choose the second option, you can put
your projector content on the projector, and keep your laptop's
display for notes.

Does your projector not do that?  I don't understand the situation
where you need to use a second computer and ffmpeg streaming.