[CentOS] Monitor Dummy Device

Joey forum at r5d.de
Wed Jan 20 19:49:02 UTC 2016

Virtual Display have different meanings.

i need a solution like a dualscreen. i want to move with mouse windows
from one screen to the other. and i need that i can stream the 2. screen
for example with ffmpeg. with ffmpeg i can stream a part of the desktop
(also the second screen)

i try to use the panning function of x-server. but with panning (desktop
larger then monitor) the controlpanels and widget of the screen are
resized and spread to the whole desktop. after resize a lot of
preferences are destroyed :-(

maybe its possible to use a nested xserver, but i dont know how i could
make xephyr or xnest available for kde as second device.